IGNORED

Emblem ideas?

BadDog

I screwed up while refreshing my '73, and now I have holes from a dealer plaque/emblem on the driver's side of the hatch lid, and nothing to use for an emblem there. I tried locating an original dealer badge (a long-shot, I know) but Gregory Datsun Sales in Chattanooga, TN is long gone. Does anybody have an idea for what I can put there? I really don't want to fill the holes and repaint the hatch. All panels match because I painted the entire car in 1 session (original mettalic gray/silver)....

-Ken :stupid:

Perhaps you could have a placard made that would be large enough to cover the holes. I would try talking to someone at a trophy shop to see if they have something that would endure the elements and is the size you need, and could engrave something like "JAPJAG" LOL or whatever you'd like into it. It could be attached with the same double sided tape as body shops use.

Maybe some polished aluminum or stainless buttons to fill the holes. Or some spikes like those used for a dog collar. Cell phone antenna, Nissan badge. 350 "Z" badge (just the "Z"). Once in a while on e-bay there will ba a Datsun "grill" badge.

Me, I'd try filling the hole from the rear with some epoxy, then filling the front of the hole with some touch-up paint, sand smooth and polish.

These are all excellent ideas. I thank you all! I'd prefer the Nissan badge as a first choice... maybe the spiked would do as in inside joke ;) As for filling the holes, to do it properly would involve repainting the hatch, and she's already been off the road for over 18 months. I just want to DRIVE it at this point! :) Heck it was a thrill just driving it down the hill to the glass shop Thursday morning for the new windshield. As soon as the bumpers are on she'll be street-legal again and I can get her NY state inspection done :-)

How about fitting a rear spoiler. That will cover all the holes, and you can mount the emblems on the spoiler.

what i was thinking initially, 'cept it wouldn't cover ALL the holes, so he'd have to fill holes anyway

That nismo badge is too modern. The earlier nismo badge would be better, but still too modern.

also what i was thinking, but do what ya feel!