IGNORED

Who makes this mirror?

TomoHawk

Yeah, they were available in lots of places a long time ago, but are very hard to find now. Some dealers sold them as an add-ons, and I bought some at a Tire/Wheel shop in the Bay Area, CA back in the mid 70's also.

It took me 2 years on eBay to get enough parts and pieces to make up 2 good sets of them. Now I can't bear to part with any of them.

2 years huh? I believe it :laugh:

I remember back when I got my '77 Z the passenger side was missing the head. :D All that was there was the base. Previous owner told me that it came loose and he lost it on an on ramp doing about 80 MPH. DAMN lucky it didn't touch the car when it went sailing off. Would have left an ugly dent and scratch. I got lucky not long after I purchased my baby I came across a guy in New York that was selling a set off his parts car and they were it :) He sold them to me for the cost of shipping, had them all sanded and primed. All I had to do was give it a paint job and install it. Sweet deals like that rarely occure. Talk about luck :D

How did they look painted? Is Black like a 'Universal color' for the things? If painted is a better/nicer thing, then I'll consider it.

You know all those guys that find the perfect wood steering wheels or a chrome wheel SET at some garage sdale? I hate that; all you see at the garage sales here is baby clothes or the odd coffee maker or boom box. :(

thx

IMO they look cool painted body color, but I'm keeping mine black until I have the whole chassis painted (in about a million years).

I stopped at a garage sale 3 weeks ago (first time in about 25 years) and found a brand new "old school" Kraco AM/FM Cassette Stereo kit with Speakers (the box claims it will fit 240-280Z). I asked how much they wanted for it (my parents neighbor), and she gave it to me for nothing. Cool!

I know it's not a real high quality unit, but it's new, free, and it should fit my car.

3 out of 4 ain't bad!

I stopped at a garage sale 3 weeks ago (first time in about 25 years) and found a brand new "old school" Kraco AM/FM Cassette Stereo kit with Speakers (the box claims it will fit 240-280Z). I asked how much they wanted for it (my parents neighbor), and she gave it to me for nothing. Cool!

I know it's not a real high quality unit, but it's new, free, and it should fit my car.

3 out of 4 ain't bad!

Ya Carl, but the 'cool' factor far outweighs the unit's performance! Man, talk about 'period correct'! :love:

IMO they look cool painted body color, but I'm keeping mine black until I have the whole chassis painted (in about a million years).

3 out of 4 ain't bad!

haha.... my grey Z (oh BTW, she is mine again) has those kraco speakers...... cept mine has the "old school" kenwood cassette player..

You want them primed and painted. Just like you want your car primed and painted :laugh: I used the flat black (No glossy shine) Mine turned out awesome.

It's your call :) Like Bambikiller240 suggested, you could do it the same color as the car if you want. I just loved the look of them in the flat black and if heaven forbid one does catch a rock chip, the flat black would be much easier to redo rather than trying to find a matching color for the car. My opinion.

Here is picture of my beauty :)

72354699.jpg