IGNORED

Bumpy ride

Sup Z folks...? This is a matter of opinion but I need all I can get..What's your feeling on KYB shocks..My current struts gave up the ghost a long time ago and since I have to replace them anyway I guess I don't know which is the best setup for me..I'll mostly be doing just really hard street driving and I definitely want a lowered spring but I have heard varying ideas about the reliablity and ride quality when using KYBs...So what's the skinny..?

Ak

I've used the KYB gas struts years ago with good results. Of course back then there was no such thing as an adjustable on the market from Koni or anyone else. If you are on a budget they are fine, but if you have the money I think the adjustables would be well worth the money for the simple reason, you never know how the ride is affected when you change springs for lowering. If you have the adjustables you will be able to change them to improve your highway ride and then stiffen them if you decide to run an autocross for fun some weekend or do an open track day.

Thanks.. this is very consistent with info that I've gotten from some other z enthusiasts...I really appreciate your feedback.. Ok having said that i've only seen Tokiko adjustables..Does anyone else make adjustables for a 74 260..?

Ak

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the Koni's advertised in a while. I think they only had 3 position adjustment where the Tokico's have 5 adjustment settings. About the only ones I see advertised anymore are the KYB gas, the Tokico gas, and the Tokico Illumina adjustables. Maybe someone else knows if there are any more on the market than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you talked to a rep at MSA? About a year ago, i was in the market for suspension. They told me that tho lowering springs dropped the Z 1 to 1 &1/2 inches- the 28 year old springs were already sagging that much, more than likely... Don't know how accurate that is..

I bought OEM and KYB and urethane. I'm quite happy with it, and the car does sit a bit higher, but i doubt its an inch and a half. Bad news is OEM springs went up about 40% from last spring:( HTH, Jeremiah