tail light panel tab source (not panel clips) - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

tail light panel tab source (not panel clips)

Featured Replies

Hi All. I was wondering where I could source a set of new tail light panel tabs for my 240z...the ones that are actually welded to the body in which the tail light panel clips connect to.

The body shop removed these tabs when they replaced my rear pan, and I'm having a hard time finding replacements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

How about having the body shop that removed them, complete the job and reinstall them. Did they think the tail light assemblies were just going to grow new ones or something! :tapemouth

Pick N Pull, Seriously doubt they are available from ANY other source.

PS the Body Shop SUCKS. They ought to know better than to omit something like that.

That is what they are paid to know better than to do!

Did they just open? With a problem like that I would have to be right over their shoulder-who knows what they goofed up that you don't know about.

I guess you will after a couple of rains-I hope you got a guarantee that is enforceable.

I hate it for you.

Will

  • Author

That's what I thought too. The bodyshop manager, the body man, and the painter worked on a few of the cars for the Datsun restoration program. I tried getting some tabs from Danny Datsun, but they were in poor condition (pretty much rusted out). :disappoin

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

If you can't find some good ones in the Pick N Pull yards of So Cal, I'd be surprised, but try someone else then. There is a thread in the Tech Articles forum listing Used Z Parts Sellers.

Eric Neyerlin's Z Parts, Z Barn, Bad Dog, etc, etc.

On the same sorta topic anyone know where i can get new rear license plate globe plastic surrounds. You know the thing the bulbs sit in for the license plate?

  • Author

Thanks all. I did contact Z Barn but they said they are not able to supply new or used ones. I'll see what I can find. Wish me luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.