IGNORED

Best paint color?

marximus

hello all,

i have to start thinking about what color i am going to paint my car, and i wanted all of your opinion/pictures. i wanted to paint a blue metalic or silver. what is the best color in your opinion for the z? (i am looking for a paticular paint color) thanks

mark-

I think an early Z would look sharp with the 350Z's Brickyard color. I do believe Nissan only offered that paint for one year. One way to get an idea is to photoshop your Z with the different colors you're thinking of.

Vicky

My recommendation is to go with a solid, non metalic, color...no matter what color you decide on. I'll likely get blasted for saying this, but IMO metalic colors just don't do any justice to a sports car....with the exception of maybe a silver, similar to the factory Porsche color.

evrything but the engine bay is going to painted. i am stripping it down to the metal, but i dont want to pull the engine to paint in there. i have no capability to do it and it seems like much more work than im willing to do.

sorry guitar, i am not a fan of gold on cars. it doesnt fit in my mind.

hmmm...solid blue would look pretty nice, but i still love silver...any examples?

mark-

hmmm...solid blue would look pretty nice, but i still love silver...any examples?

Assuming that you're planning on going with an original color, one of our members here put together the following page showing all of the colors:

http://www.datsunprojects.org/zpaintcodes/

If you're not considering an original color you might want to just browse through the member galleries here to find colors that you might like on a Z.

I"m going to paint mine chevy metalic pewter, with metalic graphite racing stripes and metalic graphite oldschool racing number 43 on the side, all topped off with a $^!# load of clear coats to make it shine!. With some 17" rims. WIll Look So Sweet!!!! hell yas

hello all,

i have to start thinking about what color i am going to paint my car, and i wanted all of your opinion/pictures. i wanted to paint a blue metalic or silver. what is the best color in your opinion for the z? (i am looking for a paticular paint color) thanks

mark-

Mine is 901 silver with a good clear coat on it and it looks great.

Take a look at it.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12470&size=big&sort=1&cat=500