IGNORED

rear cv joint conversion...

sss1600

Here are some pictures I took

The first one is off my MR30 parts car, I measured from the diff to the flange with the suspension dropped (with the car jacked) its approx 44cm

the Second one is with the MR30 flange on the 240K axle, its approx 42cm,

so from this the MR30 axle is about 2cm longer, give or take a little..

the other are pictures of the MR30 Flange compared to the 240K one.

post-12467-14150799674377_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799674716_thumb.jpg

post-12467-1415079967494_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799675235_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799675488_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799675713_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799675935_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799676158_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799676396_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150799676621_thumb.jpg

Nigel,

Can you contact Wolf Creek and ask them to provide a kit with a shorter shaft? Just a thought.

-- Mike

Mike, Bruce, Nigel, et al,

Todd Walrich from Wolf Creek Racing here. We are also making slightly shorter axles for R200 apps in the Z-car. I don't know anything about the 240K but from what I can discern from this thread, it appears to me that it uses standard type u-joint half shaft axles. If this is the case, I'm sure I can cut an axle (longer or shorter) to fit for you and at that point, there is absolutely NO modifications to your current stubs and companion flanges for my kit. It is a bolt-on mod for u-joint halfshafts. Let me know your interest and I have a pix with a dimenesion line for what I need to know. As a side note, we shipped 2 kits to the UK and 1 each to Aussie and New Zealand this week. Int'l shipping is not a problem.

Let us know what we can do to help you out!

Todd

Mike, Bruce, Nigel, et al,

Todd Walrich from Wolf Creek Racing here. We are also making slightly shorter axles for R200 apps in the Z-car. I don't know anything about the 240K but from what I can discern from this thread, it appears to me that it uses standard type u-joint half shaft axles. If this is the case, I'm sure I can cut an axle (longer or shorter) to fit for you and at that point, there is absolutely NO modifications to your current stubs and companion flanges for my kit. It is a bolt-on mod for u-joint halfshafts. Let me know your interest and I have a pix with a dimenesion line for what I need to know. As a side note, we shipped 2 kits to the UK and 1 each to Aussie and New Zealand this week. Int'l shipping is not a problem.

Let us know what we can do to help you out!

Todd

Hi Todd ,

Do you have a link to you Kit ? for the "Z" half shaft mod ?,

Thanks, Nigel

Todd,

I'm here in the US, California, and definitely interested in your axle kits. I have a GC111 Skyline which is the Japan version of the Datsun 240K. If you send me the pic with the dimensions that you need I can measure up mine and see if your kit will work. I might also be able to pull my half shaft and send it to you. Little less cost than having one of the mates in Oz send one.

Email is ctcurnes@yahoo.com

Chris

that isn't a bad price.. it cost me a lot more to do mine (i was trying to do it on the cheap too, but eventually it adds up, mostly in labour) and i still have unresolved issues.. though by the look of the thickness of the hub on that kit.. it too will have issues hitting the arm(that's one of my problems.. i need to reduce the width of my CV/hub adaptor (which is only around 1cm thick) so that the bolts don't hit the arm.

• 2 years later...