IGNORED

I know I'm stupid thats why I have you guys to help me!

cremmenga

Great guys thanks for the info, ya like i said I tried to look in the manual but it said diddily. Another guy I talked to here were I live said to use like 30 heavy weight oil to fill it. I don't know if this guy even knows what he is talking about. What is the best in your opinions?

But seriously what type does everyone use??

DON'T DIGNIFY THE STUPID COMMENT WITH A ANSWER. I just took a look in my Clymer manual and it gives a discription of the drain and fill plugs and the location , it also states that full is 1/4'' BELOW the level of the fill plug. 90W gear oil with a API GL-4 API GL-5 for the diff.

I guess like i have said many times before, my shop manual must not be the right one, it tells me very little, no no make that nothing about where or how to check, the tranny fluid and what to use. I do trust the shop manual that i have even though its lack on somethings and i do trust the post, and i did read your post #6 and #10.

Thank you Carl

I think if you have as most people here do a good selection of manuals , factory haynes and other coverall types of guides you can piece together the proper way, I find that researching tasks on this website as well as any of the regular manuals provides plenty of info , most all info on working on a 240z can be searched in the forums, and the books add a nice pic or diagram, not trying to push you from an answer in reguard to the books but one single one isn't the best other than a full factory manual. But reading about the expierences and errors some members have had when doing tasks is much better , saves time and money most of the time. Most all of the things that can be done to a z can be found here or hybridz, Good Luck

Not trying to be argumentative, but common sense.....

Gotta stop you right there bambi.

Cant assume that everyone is as smart as you or me.

Some people have none of it. Some peole fill there radiator full of oil and their engine full of coolant. Some people fill the engine full of oil untill the rocker cover is full of it.

Some people never check the oil and water and wonder why they engine dies.

I hear sawdust quiets down noisy gearboxes too.

Well i have some car smarts, I am 20 yrs old I have restored my 1967 firebird I bought when i was 15. I do know somethings about cars! I just don't like to F*CK things up when I know I can check several places before doing it and one of those places is this web site and you guys!!