Crossflow Hemispherical L28 cylinder head? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Crossflow Hemispherical L28 cylinder head?

Featured Replies

  • Author

Didn't provide one.

I'm just wondering where I could find more info / purchase the head.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Wasn't that the one that cost $26K US in 1978 and increased horsepower by 4 %?

  • Author
Here is a link to what I think you are talking about. There are some pictures online, but I cannot remember the Japanese site. Someone posted the pictures of this engine in the gallery here. I too love these engines.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949&page=2&pp=15&highlight=os+giken

Take care,

Ben

Thanks Ben.

So which custom / H.O cyl heads are available for a L28? The current head on my Z has been ported and flowed, but I've never figured the stock head to have decent flow characteristics.

Very interesting read on the LY-powered Z. What is the P90 being discussed? Another high-perf cyl head?

*edit*

It seems the P90 is for the Turbo L28? How does it perform in comparison to the stock cyl head?

I thought that the consesus of the thread was that you couldn't buy one of these (OS Gilken or LY) even if you wanted to as they were made years ago and are basically 'nonobtainium' now as Chris would say. Not to mention the cost were you to find someone that had one to sell.

P90-turbo Zx Models, Square Port Exhaust,good Flow And Much Better Casting.

JZM

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.