IGNORED

Just became a z owner!!!

new_2_z

Welcome to you.

Water on the passengers side might be caused by a split water hose that drains the front cowl area. Mine was split and that caused it good and proper.

Try putting the hose on the cowl and see if water dribbles in off the door side of the footwell.

Aight thanks. ill have to jump onto that. trying to get the car in the barn right now. working on the car out in the cold is not that much fun but i do it for the car. Yesterday the wind kept blowing my hood down. Not just no ordinary wind either, the kind that stings because it so cold. :) since iv lived in the south my whole life this freezing spree is killing me.

Hello Mat, Congratulations on purchasing the 260Z. I don't see many 260's here in the states, and they really are great cars. I have an early 260Z and yours is an early 260z as well, unless the previous owner changed it over to the early bumper congifiguration which is highly unlikely. I am pretty sure that the only difference between the early and late 260z was the bumper configuration. Here in the states, 74' was the begining of what would be a huge regulation period for safety issues and fuel consumption (especially in Cali :( ), which is the result of the larger bumpers. The 240z bumpers are basically for looks, the early 260z bumpers are 3mph bumpers, and the late 260z-280 are 5pmh bumpers. The later bumpers don't look bad, just not as sporty. Correct me if I am wrong, but 260z cars built in October and later were considered 'late' versions.

Anyways, good luck with the car Mat. You are going to love it. I have a non-black interior as well, but it is nice to see a different color than black for the interior every now and then, because most of the Z's almost always have black interiors. I am not saying I don't like black though, it is quite sporty. Unfortunately, it is harder to find the brown, cream, and other color interior peices.

Take care and welcome to the club :smoke:,

Ben

^^i know what you mean v12horse. i have red interior (the seats have been replaced with black by a PO) and i think it looks great. i'm going to reupholster the seats in red just to make it that much better! and yes, when i first got the car i was contemplating black interior. i changed my mind, though... :D

Yea i understand u on the color of the interior. My interior has seen better days. Its all orginal which is cool but the needs to be replace. I could do the southern thing and just duck tape every thing. ROFL But that defys my wanting of a clean look..LOL It just going to be easier to find black than the color i have. The engine bay has that green color in it so i am asuming the orginal color was that lime green color. :stupid:

2-Z welcome abord. I think that you will find that there is a wealth of good information here. I read that you have carb trouble , If the carbs are flat tops , this will likely be a ongoing problem . I recommend that you find a set of round tops . Keep the intake you presently have. The picture that shows the rust holes on the driver's front fender, it is because of a fender drain that is plugged, lift the hood and look for a opening just forward of the area that is rusted . It is on the inside edge of the fender. Common thing , I had a mouse nest in mine and calking pluging the other. In doing repairs , remember bondo and like products as well as primer , are porus and will allow moisture to contact the metal and rust will result . If exposed to the weather it will need to be sealed with paint. Good luck with the car , It looks stright .Gary :laugh: