IGNORED

1973 240; needs work

Corganx33

1973 240z; Needs work

I just found out I'm transferring to another state with my company...

Unfortunately I'm not up to the task of trying to haul all my belongings along with the z.

First $1000 takes everything, cash only please.

The Good:

Complete 1973 240z with clear title. All #'s on the car match and the engine has been

converted with early 1972 SU's. Has the original automatic transmission as well. The

car originally was blue #115with a white interior. Its frame rails are very solid, there is

rust on the car, I've listed where below in the "bad" section. Also included is a newer

L28 engine ( N42 head/block ) and 5 speed transmission from a 77 280z. The L28 is

in good condition and has an advanced cam in it, but I'm not sure of the grind.

There are a bunch of extras such as distributors, starters, radiators as well, along with

2 engine stands and a hoist.

The Bad;

Like I said before, its complete, but I was in the middle of a restoration when I found out

I was moving, so that means its in parts. Doors removed, engine removed, interior removed.

Nothing, NOTHING done so far is irreversable. All I've done really is cleaning and examining,

haven't gotten a chance to start rebuilding yet.

The L24 engine would need a rebuild if its going back into the car. the head has excessively

worn lash pads and they'll need to be replaced. It does start and run, weakly though.

Rust Locations;

There is rust under the battery tray, along with about a 3 inch long hole. If you are restoring,

you'll need new metal here. Otherwise, the area is still pretty solid though its rusty. I've removed the

tar like dealer installed protection on the bottom along with the quarterpanel and you can see there

is a lot of good metal there.

Floor pans, a couple of the drain holes have rusted out, along with the floor supports.

The floor supports need to be replaced, the floor pans might as well be done along with it though

you wouldn't have to

The frame rails them selves are solid and don't appear to need repair.

Pics before I started taking it apart can be seen here

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/631840

Hi Corganx33...

Where are you located?

I could use a couple of engine stands...

...Whoops, Matt, Found you info on the other webpage. I'll be in Durham this saturday at the Z car show, any chance can swing by?...

David Spillman

W..1-800-228-8650

Cell..1-828-289-0098