IGNORED

clevis pins

Z_Chaz

The clevis pins in my 1/70 build date 240 are worn to the point that I can feel the difference in the pedals as the pins roll (changing the pedal slack).

These are the pins that go through the clevis yoke and pedal "arms" under the dash.

Microfiche says the brake pin was used through 3/70 and the clutch pin was used through 4/70. However, the pedal assemblys were both used through at least 8/71 so any changes in the pin diameter would not have occured until at least 8/71, if ever; only design changes such as the type of retainer.

My problem is finding new ones to replace the old ones.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Call Nissan. That's where I bought mine. Price was cheap.

FWIW, you had better look under the dash before you go ordering pins. Generally it is the pedal arms themselves that get distorted more than the pins. (the pins are hardened, the arms are not) Now don't get me wrong, you'll need pins, but you are also likely to need to have the pedal arms repaired as well.

The (used to be) round holes in my pedal arms had become severely elongated in addition to the clevis pins being tore up. I had to have bushings welded into the pedal arms to restore the holes to the proper diameter as well as replacing the clevis pins. Everything is perfect now. :D

Thanks Carl, and you're right. Had the pedal arm issue covered. Lots of machine/welding shops in farmland (not to mention gearheads with too much ambition and shop goodies) so that issue was easy.

When at British Vic's city counter yestarday, I was suprised that the very nice guy there only shruged and said "gees, iduno" when I inquired if he might have any suggestions.

I am amazed that both clevis yokes are in such great condition considering the wear on the pins. BTW, the wear on the pins are limited to the contact points with the pedal arms. They must be exta hard.

I am amazed that both clevis yokes are in such great condition considering the wear on the pins. BTW, the wear on the pins are limited to the contact points with the pedal arms. They must be exta hard.

Yup, The pedal arm concentrates all the force applied by your leg in one place, the middle of the pin. By the time the forces get from the pin to the yoke of the clevis, they are spread out 50/50 to the two areas that the pin contacts on the yoke.