'78 280Z OEM air filter housing? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'78 280Z OEM air filter housing?

Featured Replies

What color blue should it be painted to match OEM color?

its like a light blue....close to a baby blue color but not exactly, i cant really help u cuzz im not exactly sure wat i would call the color.

Yeah, light blue. But can you get the plastic tube-thing that goes on the end? Is it worth having? I was going to put in a c.a.i. thing I got someplace, but the rubber coupler didn't match.

Only thing I can chip in is the paint code is 510. Call Nissan, and they should be able to give you the correct name.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Les at Classic Datsun makes this color up in spray cans. I have 2 cans on order right now. If you ask him, he just calls it "Air Cleaner Blue"

I could get a colour picture of mine, then you could decide for yourself.

  • Author

Thanks guys. I'll check with Les. I was also told a guy called Pierre Z knows the correct codes. Anyone heard of him?

  • Author

Spoke with Les today. He doesn't have "air cleaner blue". He does have the paint for the rear tail light panels. I'll let you know how much.

try Nissan 007 blue it looks like a good match and it is a 1977 colour so it is right for that age of car and 510 is sky blue metalic 1977-1988

Is Datsun Engine Blue the correct color?

Nope. Too dark. the engine blue is a dark turquois (sp?). The air cleaner is a light "sky" blue, with a little green tint to it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.