IGNORED

Hello

open24hours

Wow, I'm so happy I've finally found a forum for 240k's that's not in Japanese.

I bought a 4-door 240k GL a few months ago and I really need to get off my arse and start restoring it. I'm planning on putting some sort of late model engine in it but before I even think about that I want to get the body totally straight and painted.

Eventually I want to have her painted a pale yellow with black Watanabes.

Let's hope this place can keep me motivated. :)

I can take pics tomorrow if anyone's interested, but she's not too pretty just yet.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

I'm from Canberra, Australia. Here's a pic of my car now:

IMGP0788.jpg

And eventually I want to have it looking something like this:

skyline_gtx01.jpg

I know that that model isn't painted, but you can get the general idea of the colour I want from the bare plastic. I'm also going to paint the grille and all other chrome black.

{EDIT: Victor Laury, your Z is exactly the colour I want, what's it called?}

Victor Laury, your Z is exactly the colour I want, what's it called?

It was supposed to be 112 Nissan Lime, but it ended up too green. When you said "Pale Yellow" I thought you were thinking along the lines of Nissan 665 Primrose, like the 35 year old paint on my roadster.

P6130001-vi.jpg?1024026600

It was supposed to be 112 Nissan Lime, but it ended up too green. When you said "Pale Yellow" I thought you were thinking along the lines of Nissan 665 Primrose, like the 35 year old paint on my roadster.

http://images1.fotki.com/v4/photos/4/42214/120643/P6130001-vi.jpg?1024026600

Well, that's pretty close to the colour of the model I posted. Your Z looks very yellow on the front corner of the bonnet, in that picture, which is what caught my eye,

Hey there man and Welcome to classiczcars.com probably one of the best internet forums around.

Good to see the population of the K cars growing.

Watanabe's are always a popular choice. The problem being they're expensive and outside of Japan a little more expensive!

I look forward to seeing more pictures of your car as you're going, what are your engine plans? RB-series I would have to guess. ;)

what are your engine plans? RB-series I would have to guess. ;)

I really haven't made my mind up yet, but I was thinking about a four cylinder like the SR/FJ20 or CA18, because it'd be lighter, I could mount it further back in the engine bay and it would be nice to only have to worry about four cylinders blowing up instead of six.

Welcome!! I like your idea of a 4-cyl engine. It's very difficult to decide what to swap into a K, because of the large overhang on the front making a straight-6 kinda impractical - especially with all that power (they already are prone to understeering). This would be fine, just fit a 4 banger.... but the car is a SKYLINE! There's something about fitting anything other than a straight-6 engine that seems a bit... wrong. If you dont have that strange mental condition then go for it!

Other swaps to consider are a V6 - perhaps from a 300ZX - or even a V8. Still going to sit further back than the straight-6.

P.S. 3 days to go :cheeky:

Hey, welcome to the site. Your K is exactly the same colour as mine. How scary is that??? Don't worry - mine's uglier than yours at the moment.

I've got an alloy V8 in mine, so weight distribution should be no problem for me. Once I move the battery and fuel pump into the boot, the weight distribution will be even better.

post-6607-1415079423945_thumb.jpg