IGNORED

Clean one on e-bay

59ghia

Ok, heres a real nice one with two glaring flaws, can you find them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2488111164&category=6187

The seats appear to be the factory vinyl, not leather as indicated. Also, I don't understand why a car with such low miles would have had the engine bay painted black at some point.

Other than the Zbart and the hooker headers I can't find any flaws. The Zbart in the engine bay is aweful. My car came with it and I have tried to remove it without damaging the paint that is underneath and it is really hard. Besides that, this car looks like a keeper. What am I missing here?

Ben

I don't understand why a car with such low miles would have had the engine bay painted black at some point.

That is the Zbart crap. I guess it really fights against rust, but it looks aweful. It is a combination of tar and something else. It comes off quite easily with nevr dull and the paint underneath is untouched as long as you don't rub too hard.

I only see two small items that look out of place on a car as close to original as this one...other than the black crap under the hood.

The wiper arms(black) and the master cylinder caps definately aren't right.

I'd bet there's a lot of people right now wanting those original braided hoses...

The bumpers look like they are awfully close to the body, in fact, the rear one looks like it's touching in places.

Ok, missed one, the rear finisher panel has been painted and they painted the chrome trim around the taillights (you can see where it has flaked off on the right side)... almost looks like they at least tried to put it back to the original color although it's hard to tell just what shade it is, but it looks a little too black.

Shame they didn't bring it to the Northeast Z Adventure show in Syracuse last month, it would have won the Stock 240 class with no problem... :ermm: Or if they did I sure missed it.

Clinton isn't much over an hour away from Syracuse...

East coast car that clean and pretty much in unmolested shape, it ought to bring a pretty good price since there are so few on the east coast that haven't suffered the dreaded "metal maggots".....