Point of interest - Page 3 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Point of interest

Featured Replies

I stand corrected! -Just look at me pounding a threaded rod into two mushroomed ends-where is the wisdom in that-it is with you, getting the right tool for the job! Carl, I found the perfect tickle to your funny bone, but I can't seem to get it posted-but be warned, it is lurking out there waiting!

Will

Hey Will:

The first time I tried pulling spindle pins, I told myself that I was NOT going to mushroom the threads, I said this several times. And I listened to myself, right up until the point where I messed them all up. One does not know when to stop pounding (usually) until 2 or 3 strokes after one should have stopped. At least that's how it works in my shop. This time around, I accepted Gary's (beandip) gracious offer to lend his tool, and I couldn't be more pleased with his offer, or the results.

I am going to cut the pin in two places tomorrow, and hopefully use my shop press to remove what will be the center section. If not I will be setting up a similar tool to pull one from a 280Z parts car. If all goes well, then I will strip and paint the pieces over the next several days, and get the new urethane in place shortly thereafter.

Will

  • Author

Sorry Bill, don't know if it works or not mate, I just copied it out of a book.

It MUST be true though, after all, the book is written and published by Yanks.

Rick.

:devious: :devious: :devious:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It sounds easy enough, but finding a spare penny might be tricky these days!! LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.