Switch Hoods - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Switch Hoods

Featured Replies

Can A Hood From A 77 280z Fit On A 73 240z And Do They Look The Same?

Yes and No

The later version generally had cut outs for vents.....

MOM

  • Author

but if its one without the vents then it should fit correct.

Actually, no they don't interchange. But you really have to look to tell the difference. 280Z hoods are slightly longer and the seams don't line up exactly. With a little effort and some fitting skill, you can get it, though.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I tried the 280Z hood and was not happy w/ the results.

My Z is a 70', by the way. the hood sat too high near the headlights and was a smidgen to long

  • Author

thanks for the info. now what about the 260 z will that hood fit?

thanks for the info. now what about the 260 z will that hood fit?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that only the "early" 260 (smaller bumpers) hood will properly fit on the 73 and earlier cars.

Just shows the differences between models in different countries.....

Sorry for the reply about the 280 hood, we never had 280 in Australia, so I'm sorry if I led you [& others] astray. 260 Hoods for models delivered in Oz up to 78 will fit, go figure?

MOM

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.