IGNORED

Expressions of interest - Datsun 240K coupe

JMT240KGTR

Hi all,

I will be selling my 240K coupe soon, I've had offers for a couple of projects with other model cars that I've found very hard to resist and I've given in.

Over the last week I've come to grips with what it will be like without a Datto, but I've had a very good run; been fortunate enough to own 3 coupes and 3 sedans in the last 10 years. All have served proudly. They'll be fondly remembered, and so will the legendary stories; nothing better than someone asking "is that a bloody Datsun?" or "your Datsun did that?".

Anyway, enough of the sentiments, I'm posting here so you guys or anyone you know can express an interest in the car before it officially goes up for sale. Note; IT WILL BE FOR SALE.

Every single spare part that I have for this car will be sold with the car so it's an ideal purchase for the enthusiast.

Details below;

No reg/RWC

(won't be much anyway, car was built early this year!)

1975 Datsun 240K coupe

Paint; metallic blue/green, black bonnet

2.4 litre 6 cylinder, 3 speed auto, 3.54:1 R180 diff.

New timing chain, guides, front/rear seals, gaskets, etc 6 months old.

240Z carburettors

Extractors

E88 late model head, shaved .030" C/R 9.2:1 approx.

Electronic ignition

280ZX series 2 alloys, 225 rear tyres/195 front.

Original interior, tidy.

Spares;

L28 complete bottom end Exc cond

L28 N42 head Exc cond

C110 GTR flares

280ZX 5 speed recently purchased

Clutches, flywheels, etc, all Exc cond.

Timing chains, guides, pulleys, etc.

2 x elec dizzy and coils - tested, A1 cond.

Struts and brakes GC

H/D rear springs/H/D rear shocks, like new.

Oil pumps/ front covers/

Alternators

Starter motors

Original steering wheel - cleaned/varnished Exc cond

Front left and right fenders; need rust repairs

Front indicator/park lenses

Front lights + assemblies

Front and rear bumpers

Front grille, A1 original

Interior kick panels GC

Centre console good intact except for slight crack

Badges, trim, etc etc.

RE L28 motor and g'box; all that would be required is assembly of the engine (all parts available), bolt up gearbox and you are set to go. This engine is A1, never missed a beat and is very reliable. I estimate it's only done 100,000 klms for myself, was originally bought at the importers from Japan with low mileage.

All spares are in 'very good to excellent condition', especially engine/electrical components (had to collect and keep, they're getting harder to find).

Price; $2500 the lot. PRICE IS FIRM and very, very reasonable for all these items, including the car!

See pics below or my gallery to view.

I can be contacted on my numbers below if you're interested.

Home phone (03) 9705-2556

Work (03) 9706-5169

I'm located in Sth East Melbourne (Australia for you O/S fellas).

James

240k x 4.bmp

Awww, this is sad news. What is this NEW car that's so good eh?? EH???

If someone outside of this site buys it, can you please mention the site to them? That'd be great. Also, you have a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

What's happened to this site??? I haven't been able to get in for a couple of weeks, as though it disappeared!

Only this morning I recieved email notification of replies posted to my threads, anyone else experience this??

I have news; the car is sold, apologies to anyone out there who's been waiting for me to appear over the last couple of weeks but as I said, I wasn't able to access the site. Weird?!

Do we have any other new 240K people on board?

James