IGNORED

Famous 240z Race cars!! Name em all

brianglawson

ok well heres the deal, the sx is coming close to finished well enough for it to be my daily ride. So im looking for a famous race car to do a semi accurate replica of, My father wants to do BRE, and build him an Autox, so i dont wanna do BRE, not to mention after the z, i plan to make a 510 to AutoX, and it will probably boast a 1971 BRE trans am scheme haha, but i would like to do some sort of racecar to mine, im just not to knowledgable on what all was out there so throw me some ideas please, plus i would like to see all the beautiful raccers anyway:)

Originally posted by Zrush

"Big Sam" would be my replication of choice.

Ditto, that car is awesome!! :devious:

I am also partial to the first Bob Sharp 240Z that was if I recall a solid darker color like black or blue. Picture is in the book "How to Hotrod and Race your Datsun".

I do like the tri color BSR cars better than the BRE cars.

Chris

Any factory works car does it for me. Old friend of mine Rob Gibson had a 510, looked like a saloon car, sucker had SSS parts all over it. He had a late 69 Z also looked like a rally car without the graphics or aux lamps. Moved away, wish I knew where.

Chris

Works Car pic attached

post-5906-14150793984689_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by ChrisA

Old friend of mine Rob Gibson had a 510, looked like a saloon car, sucker had SSS parts all over it. He had a late 69 Z also looked like a rally car without the graphics or aux lamps. Moved away, wish I knew where.

What, He still owes you money?ROFL

well were thinking doing father son cars, you know like tattoos..haha

father BRE 240z

son BRE 510

haha

but im trying to figure what to do with My z... i might just go bright red with gold/silver panasport c8s, but man i love vintage race cars

Originally posted by Mr Camouflage

Do them both in nissan Works rally style and have a matching pair.

2116In_store_at_Zama-7.jpg

2116Other_stuff_at_Zama_1_.jpg

Check out this gallery for Photos of Nissan racing cars in their warehouse:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=&page=1&sort=7&perpage=12&password=&ppuser=2116&stype=

i could even go and wreck it a few times for realism...hahahaha