IGNORED

"Stone Wheels"?

stock-z

I went next door to my house and found a 72 240z sitting there in the yard. Well i took a drive over and asked the women about the car, and she say's yeh i'll sell it for $1000 because of the "stone" wheels on it because you can't find them anymore. Is this a name brand or what? I've never heard of them. Then as she headed inside she dropped the price by $500. The car has cancer in the best places, and bodo in others. The engine looked about the best part on it. You guy's ever heard of these wheels. They look similar to the ones I posted a picture of before on that orange z.

Maybe if you could sneak a picture of them we might be able to tell you what they might be. I have no idea what she is talking about. Are you sure she didn't say "stolen" wheels??

If it's that eaten up with rust it sounds like it's probably going to be a parts car anyway, so maybe 500 isn't too much if it has a lot of original parts that are salvageable.

Well, ya got me. The closest thing I can think of would be the old Western Turbine wheels or maybe another brands copy of the same design. Now that I think about it could it be she was referring to Keystone wheels? I think they were bought out years ago, so that would make them no longer available. I have a set that are similar except mine have more spokes. I believe mine are by Western wheels. I'm not even sure if Western is still in business or maybe they got bought out by someone else too.

Keystone must be it, i've heard of them. Anyway, the wheels and the engine were the best, anyway fun talking about it.Still searching for a combo loan that will take care of the bills and leave me some z money.

• 4 weeks later...

just a word of caution, and i dont personaly know this to be truth but i looked at a 280 near my house that had wheels like that on it and one of them came apart at 70+mph. All i have to go on is what the guy told me when i looked at the car, he said he was driving down the free way and it just came apart. The rim was in the back in about 5 peices and the fender, door and front trim were all messed up.