IGNORED

Help to gauge a good price for this '72 240z

wishihada240z

This guy wanted $2000 negotiable. I have already mailed him $900 to hold the car. Was going to offer $1700. What do you think would be a good price for a car in this condition? (the interior is immaculate, passenger side floor has been replaced, frame rails are said to be in good condition)

post-6256-14150793818874_thumb.jpg

Hate to break the news to you but, from the pics you posted and the exlanations about the other areas.................this Z has a severe case of the old rust monster. You can bet that if it looks that bag externally, it is likely even worse internally where you can't see. IMO, the $900.00 you sent this guy to hold the car is probably more than it's worth to begin with. Just be advised, if you purchase the car, you are looking at some serious time and $$$ to get the car in rust free condition. Don't let your emotions make your purchase decision. Just my opinion and an attempt to save you some heart ache later on. Stay focused and keep looking.....they're out there and in better condition for $2K

mmmmmmm

I would say no more than $900. Considering it runs, full documentation on repairs and the such. You've got major rust problems. None of the which can't be fix without good honest hard work. The only rust I don't like is on http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=84785 That is not easy to fix. The rest can be patched up painted and worked with.

For a fully restoration project I would not pick this car. For a daily driver It would be a ok choice.

-Brandon