IGNORED

Mystery Dash Clock

Razor

Originally posted by abas

On RHD cars you can get the clock out by taking the glove box out first, no need to remove the dash or heater panel.

You can do the same thing with LHD cars, but you'd better be prepared to sacrifice your glovebox in doing so. The 240Z Gloveboxes are 30 year old cardboard that is very brittle. They generally get severely damaged in this project. They are also NO LONGER AVAILABLE from Nissan.

... I have had a simular experience with my clock which did not work when I purchased my first zcar Jan 1/04. Having the car off the road for the last 5 months ... stripped the interior ...blew the body work dust out of all the gauges ... after removing the dash.

A little sewing machine oil on the clock parts didn't make the clock work until the first day I parked the car outside (uncovered) to bake in the sun. When I hear this odd ticking noise ... I could'nt believe it LOL ... it's been ticking ever since ... so far so good!

Now if only I can figure out my tachometer ... the needle bounces up to the other end and stays there, then after driving for awhile, it starts acting normal ... go figure! Until I start up again. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be ...

Enjoying driving this 260z ... I've never before experienced the looks I get when driving! Amazing! :D

Rich