IGNORED

Car won't start on "D", "1", "2", "R"

Razor

Hey man,

AS people have pointed out.. it's not supposed to.. when you swap in the Manual transmission you have to put together the two wires that once went to either side of the switch as to complete the starter circuit.

It's called the Inhibitor Switch, basically breaks your ignition circuit if you're in anything other than Neutral or Park to stop you surging forward or backwards or doing anything silly :)

Nothing to worry about.

Originally posted by Gee

..and it shouldn't! It's to stop you doing damage. Imagine if you tried to start a manual with your foot off the clutch!

I have in many a manual cars :stupid: It just lurches forward. But I don't think the car would ever actually start..........would it? I've never got that far, as I've always freaked out and said to myself, what an azz I amLOL

Vicky

Originally posted by Zrush

I have in many a manual cars :stupid: It just lurches forward. But I don't think the car would ever actually start..........would it? Vicky

Yes, it would start. That's a way to drive home in a car when the clutch won't disengage. Turn it off at each stop. When the light changes, put in first and crank the starter until it starts and lurches away, slam it into second, third, etc. I did that a couple of times in my younger, stupider days but now I'd call AAA.