IGNORED

Fuel Injector Lines

ALT_255

Hey,

i found a datsun i like but its got "Pin hole leaks in the Injector lines" that is what the lady who owns it told me. replacing fuel injector lines is simple right? just take off old and replace w. new?

making sure to keep all lines going to same places ect.. also would this be a sign of more serious problems?

Originally posted by ALT_255

Hey,

i found a datsun i like but its got "Pin hole leaks in the Injector lines" that is what the lady who owns it told me. replacing fuel injector lines is simple right? just take off old and replace w. new?

making sure to keep all lines going to same places ect.. also would this be a sign of more serious problems?

You'd have to be more specific. What kind/year of Datsun? Hoses between the fuel rail and the injectors? The fuel rail itself? Hoses from the fuel pump? Other hoses? Which 'injetcor lines'? They are all replacable it's just that some are easier than others.

Dude,

When I got my 78 280Z, the hose on the fuel rail split ( a little) on the way to the house (only 2 miles!) and I had to fix that first thing. Took 2 gallons of gas to drive the 2 miles! Another off the fuel filter split later. 50 PSI gas really squirts far! I found out that just about anything rubber (fuel lines, shock covers, tires etc,) was dry, cracked, or just crumbled when you touched it. So I replaced all the hogh pressure fuel lines, and coolant hoses, the rest when I get to it.

You will be Ok, just do the fuel lines NOW, the rest should hold up until you get to it.

Originally posted by ALT_255

its a 77 280 and the hoses between the fuel rail and injectors

Cool! Another late 1st gen. Let me know what other problems you discover. I've probably dealt with all of them in the 7 years I've owned my 78!

Before you finalize a price, make sure you give all the rubber stuff a good squeeze or tuig tosee if it will fall apart. You should be able to test drive the car & have a mech check it over quick. Major repairs can influence the selling price.