IGNORED

Clutch pedal adjustment to new mc

882993md

Hi everyone,

I replaced my clutch master cylinder and i;m in the process of adjusting the pedal per the manual. 

"Set the upper surface of the pedal pad 8.9 in or 226mm from the metal surface of the toe-board."

If you look at this picture you will see that the caliper (which I set to 226mm) is not touching the pedal pad when the other end is sitting on that metal riser.

However if I measure from the firewall as I did in this picture the caliper does line up just about perfectly on the rubber on the pedal. (226mm from firewall to top of pedal). large.IMG_0357.JPG

large.IMG_0356.JPG

What is the proper point that I should be measuring? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Howard
1974 260z

Edited by 882993md

I think you are measuring to the wrong surface, have you downloaded the 260z FSM for the manuals section in the downloads area? Here is a pic from the FSM showing taking the measurement from the top of the pedal to the toe board surface (carpet & jute not shown would have to be folded back or removed). Don't forget to check for free play as well.

HTH

Mike

260z Clutch MC Pedal Adustment.JPG