IGNORED

Mis-Informed Youtube Video

TomoHawk

This person has uploaded a video that states Mr. K was "Nissan's first President in the U.S.A", and that he designed the Z (6:30 in the video.) At 0:35 it says he "took the reigns of a small car company named Datsun" Will you accept that, or prefer that he was the first President of Nissan U.S.A. and tried to sell Datsuns?

I posted a comment that he remove the video until he can get correct information, so he resorts to profanity (in a foreign language)to justify the inaccurate claims.

I would like to ask everyone to either contact this person or post a comment to the video asking for the necessary corrections.

I mean who Mr. K really was, and the Goertz myth, among other things.

But thanks Alan for correcting my  "misinformation."  Somewhere, in what I thought was a credible source, it stated that Mr. K was the "first President of Nissan USA.  A book I have, maybe.

Stop by the chat room!

Edited by TomoHawk

Actually, it's Mr. K who says that he started the company in the United States after commissioning for a trip to study the US market (re: 3:57).

True - Mr. K. hired the attorney that wrote and filed the paperwork that created the corporation, and was one of three Nissan Employees that signed the Articles of Incorporation for "Nissan Motor Corporation in U.S.A."

Edited by Carl Beck

Wikipedia says the "President of Nissan Motor Corporation U.S.A." not the President of Nissan IN the USA. I'd expect the latter from a foreigner, but not an American, as in the video.

Tamo - very confusing. Especially when you quote only part of what is on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia says: "Mr. K, was a Japanese automotive executive who was employed by Nissan and served as the first president of Nissan Motor Corporation U.S.A”    

Wikipedia is quite wrong.

Mr. K. was the second person to hold the office of President, "Nissan Motor Corporation in U.S.A.”  Mr. Takashi Ishihara was the first President of "Nissan Motor Corporation in U.S.A.” 

Mr. Ishihara’s offices were located in Japan, so Mr. K. was the first President of "Nissan Motor Corporation in U.S.A.” â€¦ who was located in the U.S.A.

So perhaps it was poorly phrased -“Nissan’s first President in U.S.A."  - but for the most part I think the fact that Mr. K was the first person outside of the Nissan Corporate Offices in Japan - to be elevated to that level of authority, President of a wholly own Nissan Subsidiary here in the US is significant.

Carl, thanks for the update.  It looks like this might be the closing argument to this whole debate.

As far as Wikipedia, the whole purpose of the site is to collaborate and build a information together.  As experts in our field, it's up to us to correct it and assure the information is up to date.  If you feel that it must be corrected, please go to the site and update it.  To do so, open the page, and click on the edit tab.  I believe you may be the next best person in line to add what you've written here.

Carl, thanks for the update.  It looks like this might be the closing argument to this whole debate.

As far as Wikipedia, the whole purpose of the site is to collaborate and build a information together.  As experts in our field, it's up to us to correct it and assure the information is up to date.  If you feel that it must be corrected, please go to the site and update it.  To do so, open the page, and click on the edit tab.  I believe you may be the next best person in line to add what you've written here.

Mike,

I wrote out the facts about the incorporation of NMC-USA in the previous thread that this one was split off from, and you simply deleted them. So I will repeat here:

Nissan Motor Corporation in USA ('NMC-USA') was incorporated on September 28th 1960. It's first President was Takashi ISHIHARA.

Yutaka KATAYAMA and Soichi KAWAZOE were both appointed Vice Presidents, KATAYAMA with responsibility for the Western Division and KAWAZOE with responsibility for the Eastern Division. 

ISHIHARA held the position of President until 1965. It was at that point that Yutaka KATAYAMA became President of NMC-USA. He held the post until 1975. 

About Wikipedia: It's useful as a resource for some things, but if we want hard facts and opinion that has been peer-group critiqued about the S30-series Z and the related history that surrounds it, then classiczcars.com is probably one of the best places to search. If WE don't get it right, then who will? 

So by all means take a shot at editing Wikipedia, but don't forget you're already standing at the foot of the lighthouse.