IGNORED

Hagerty Price Guide - 1973 240z

Sean240Z

1973_Datsun_240Z_.pdf

I was just shopping for an Agreed Value insurance policy when I move back to Canada, and had a look at Hagerty Insurance. I generated a Price Guide for a 1973 240z and have attached it to this post. What's really interesting is the 35% jump in value between Jan and May 2015, now $42,700 for Condition 1 and $29,900 for Condition 2!!!

The same jump is reflected in their guides for '70 - '72 240z's as well.  I think part of that is driven by the auction season has started and some true #1 and #2 cars have come up here and there.  In the grand scheme of things most Z cars are still #3 cars.  Given a value price of $14,600 for a #3 car and I think my '71 240z is a solid #3 car as it fits the criteria listed for it but I would not sell it for that.  Another good reminder to update your insurance policies if you have an agreed upon value.

Good point. Actually, when I received my Hagerty renewal, there was a question about increasing the value. Considering what I've seen for Z car prices lately, I thought it might be a good idea. Of course, if I lost one of my Zs, I would probably just put my time and effort into the other instead of buying another one.