IGNORED

Always Hot Connection For Radio Install

Captain Obvious

So... I'm looking over the wiring diagram trying to figure out the cleanest way to get an always hot voltage line to my new radio install and I see these on the wiring diagram:

Anyone know what these connections are all about?

subharness1_zpsb385f60c.jpg

subharness2_zps23869d9d.jpg

I went to the garage to see if they really exist, and they did (at least on my 77 they did). They are present but unused and are located above the passenger's right knee above the relay bracket. Lo-n-behold, one of them is hot at all times just like the diagram says it should be.

So what's the deal? Was that some option that I don't have? Was there a factory electric fan installed in some cars?

It's on the wiring diagrams for 76, 77 and 78. I don't have one for 75 so I don't know about that year.

What did they call the heat soak reducing cooling fan that blew on the injectors on the 280ZX's?

I'm wondering if maybe they realized as far back as 76 that they might want to include something like that and put provisions if for the fan, but never used it until some time after 78? That's all I got. :)