idpearl's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

idpearl

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by idpearl

  1. Thanks all for the responses and suggestions. I found a piece of closed cell foam which I've had kicking around for probably 20 years! Cut to shape, stuck it on and now leaving the glue to set. Fits perfectly so far and seems to do the job! Thanks again! Ian
  2. Hi, All excited, fresh out the paint shop, put the bits back on, went for a drive and noticed, to my horror, that the rear spoiler had marked the body - even though there is a 5mm gap between the two. I'm guessing the rolling and bouncing around allows the two surfaces to touch. Mine is the fibreglass spiler. What protection do you guys have or use beween the spoiler and the rear wings/fenders?
  3. Looks like a 2+2 tho.
  4. There's a 260 for sale in Sunway now - check the link.. http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/search/search.asp?category%5Fid=29
  5. Did you try Tan Chong Motors at Kepong? I was amazed what they had in stock for my 240! Even ordering from Japan was easy through them and they could get anything! I drew the line at a new dash though - RM6K!
  6. Hi Trex! How the heck are you? Funny you should still have my old gearbox! Is it still working? I actually changed it 3 times! The second box had a lousy ratio, the 3rd one was spot on though! That other expat actually lives in Mont Kiara! I went back there a few months ago and he was stranded in the middle of the road! I stopped to help and found that his fuel pump was dead. Tapped it with a spanner and it burst into life, but advised him to get a new one. Looked like a nice project car though. I think it was a 72 if I remember rightly. I always wish I had given him my number in case he ever wanted to sell it! Cheers, Ian
  7. That's a nice looking conversion! Have you changed the radiator? You might consider an improved rad to keep the coolant temps down.
  8. If you see a ferrari red 1971 240Z with the plate JAG 636, that used to be my car! Regretted selling it ever since! There's a workshop in Sungai Besi near KL that did the paint for me using the same paint as the Ferrari F1 cars!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.