FlameThrower's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

FlameThrower

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FlameThrower

  1. FlameThrower commented on FlameThrower's gallery image in Member Albums
  2. FlameThrower posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  3. FlameThrower commented on FlameThrower's gallery image in Member Albums
  4. FlameThrower posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  5. FlameThrower posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  6. FlameThrower posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  7. A couple reasons actually. I did not want any clearance issues with the lowering coils, plus the smaller OD brought the car down a bit too. I was originally looking at 225/50-15s but my tire shop had these at a really good price. I also have a 5 speed on the way too.
  8. I don't have a lot of miles I them yet but I like how responsive they are so far. Plus I love the look!
  9. New look for the summer! Enkei Compe 15x8 0 offset, 225/45R15 Toyo Proxes 4 Eibach 1.5 lowering coils
  10. FlameThrower posted a gallery image in Member Albums
  11. Hey guys, I am looking for a few interior pieces for my Dad's 85 300ZX. What I am looking for are rear speaker covers, inner and outer shift boots, drivers seat cloth upholstery, and a center console lid. All pieces are for a red interior. Any help pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  12. Hey no worries, i was doing some of the exact same research when i started digging into the fuel injection on these cars. Thanks for the link on the ebay injectors, im going to pick up a set this weekend, is there anything else i should look at while i have the fuel rail off?
  13. Thank you so much for the suggestions, it turns out the cold start valve was not working properly, it would not close. I swapped it with the one in my parts car after i cleaned it out and it fired right up and ran properly. Also noticed that i have a leaking fuel injector. It looks cracked along the side of the body. Any tip on where to find a set of 6 for cheap?? Thanks again!
  14. My first drive of the year didn't go as well as I had planned. The car fired up fine on the first crank although it did feel a bit rougher than I remember from last summer. took it outside to idle for a bit to let the battery charge and it barely had the power to drive out of the garage because it was running so rough. If i let the car idle on its own it will just stumble and die, it wont run unless i keep my foot in it. Judging by the exhaust i think it is burning oil too. I have checked the basics like the ignition system and the fluids, they all look fine. As far as i know this motor has never been pulled apart and rebuilt, does it sound like it is finally time?
  15. That's why i was curious about what exactly it was because it looks like a hack job fix. As for damping vibrations/clunks it is not doing its job because when i let off he gas then put my foot back in it there is a nasty clunk when the power comes back on, this could be a bad transmission mount though. All of the rubber bushings seemed to be in rough shape when i inspected it
  16. Ok so i had my car up on the lift today to do a general assessment of things that are going to need attention soon and i came across a few interesting things. Im sure this cant be a Datsun thing can it??? It looks like it has hit the diff a few times. Any idea what this does/what it is for??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.