Back in July 2015 I posted this album:
This album has been updated to show some of the restoration that has taken place.
Now after 5 years of restro work it is a running green Zcar machine.
- Lots & lots of body work, cutting out sections of sheet metal and replacing it.
- Front & rear bumpers completely redone - rubber components refurb'd, bumpers re-chromed. Done by Classic Auto Services
- A gorgeous green paint job
- New SS brake & gas lines
-New electric fuel pump
- Refurbished booster
- New rear drums
- New front disc brakes & rotors
- Refurbished heater
- Some interior work
- Dash installed
- Engine installed
- Trans and rear installed
- Fuel lines connected and tested electric fuel pump
- New wheels & tires from Bigwheels.net
- Brake fluid added and bleed brakes
- Lots of plumbing work done to eliminate all the pollution controls
- SU's installed & connected
- Roger made custom fittings to simplify and make the lines look great
- Ready to fire the engine. Had to go thru some gyrations to get the oil pump to start pumping oil.
- Fired up & it purrs like a kitten
- UV joints for half shafts installed
- All systems go, its now a running green machine.
- Back to the Body shop for the installation of the fenders, doors, windows, bumpers & hatch.
- Took some time to get all the parts back on but on Oct. 9 I took it out for a spin around the block
- Well the good news its all together, the bad news springs were installed at the wrong locations.
- So back down to RB Import to remove all 4 struct housings and swap the springs.
- RB welded the tailpipe extender in place looks good
- Well more news the left rear toe is off. Currently working on a solution.
- Sure does look pretty.
- Its back at its home after all most 4 years of restorations.