IGNORED

bought this car last night...

datsunfreak

Not sure if this is the right forum? Where do you normally post photos?

Anyway, it's a '75 280Z, 98K miles, one owner since 1980, always garage kept. I couldn't get a good photo before the sun went down, but I'll take some more when I can.

tommy2.jpg

This is about how I think it will look within 6 months (minus the wing):

concept.jpg

BTW, this isn't my first Datsun, just my first Z. :classic:

So far I've had:

Datsun 510 (7 total)

Datsun 1200 (2 total)

Datsun 210 (3 total)

Datsun 610 (1)

Datsun Maxima (1)

Datsun 620 Pickup (1)

Currently I have a 1200 Coupe project car, a 510 wagon parts car (maybe project), and this Z.

Originally posted by zrush

The car looks very clean, even in a nite shot. Keep us all posted as to your future project. Again, very nice Z

It is super clean, even the inside is in excellent condition (except for a few small cracks on the dash). The body is very straight and was painted "Italian Red" about 4 years ago.

Trust me, you'll see plenty of photos of my progress. :D

And thanks. :classic:

Hey datsunfreak,

That's a very nice '75 Z. I'm a '75 280Z owner myself and my car is a long way, externally anyway, from being as nice as yours. I see you have the period correct, though not factory, turbine aluminum wheels. Nice!

In your "after" picture, are you planning to put those chrome wheels on your car? And do you know the owner or the manufacturer of those wheels?

Rob

Originally posted by GunnerRob

Hey datsunfreak,

are you planning to put those chrome wheels on your car? And do you know the owner or the manufacturer of those wheels?

There are several companies that make wheels like that. Try to find a shop or online store that deals parts for dirt-track cars.

I am planning to get similar wheels, only powder-coated black. They are available in 15x7 from Bart Wheels. The upside is that they are usually only about $45 each new. :geek:

datsunfreak. The ones on your ridr. Hey GunnerRob, My first Z had the same rims. Still have them. But the PO told my they where Western "Cyclones" Mags. Actual mag/alloy. Very light. I have never compared them on the scale, but the seem light much light than my Turbo Z rims. Any more info on those in datsunfreaks photo? :devious: