IGNORED

Weather Stripping for a 280zx

taggedd

Anyone know of where I can get some weather stripping for my 280zx - 1983? The seals on the doors and the t-tops are so worn out. What has everyone else used?

Also, have any good tips on doing this repair? Never done it myself.

Cheers.

Tim.

• 1 month later...

The door/t-top weatherstripping is very expensive and was hard to fine, MotorSport Auto and Victora British both listed it, but neither had it when I tried to order last year.

I slowly and carefully pulled mine out, starting at the back of the door and working pulling up. A hot day makes this easier, it prompts the old sealant to flow which means it will stretch as you pull. I cleaned the seals up with laquer thinner , stripped the paint, goo and rust off the channels, coated the channels with POR15 and put the seals back in. I used 3m black weatherstrip adhesive to glue them back in. Where the seals had deteriorated or split, I used a black epdm rubber like marine cauk from West Marine. I also used it to seal the edges of the t-top seals to the roof to keep grit out(what caused the problems with mine in the first place) If you want more info, just ask!

Will

You can still get them from Nissan, do you have a spare first child though:cross-eye

They are very expensive. Like hls30.com this summer I plan on doing almost exacly what he has done with his to try and restore them a little bit.

If now I too will have to take the bath in vaseline for these pieces of rubber.

• 4 weeks later...