IGNORED

Why written in english?

kats

Hi Enrique,

Thank you,I am clear about tail lamps mystery.Did you install extra bulbs for them?Is it possible to peal small plastic cover for the 5th bulb?I remenber the thread about tial lamp which showing a hole for 5th bulb.

Hi clutchdust,

Thank you for your good story,I am happy to share these topics to everyone abroad.

In OKINAWA I saw many U.S. military officer drives NISSAN 240SX(in japan it got only 1800CC so named 180SX for japanese market ) in my opinion 240SX's body style and tail lights reminds me 240Z,so many americans like to own one.

Rust eats car,yes in OKINAWA. OKINAWA is a resort island for japanese people, always summer it is unlike rest of other places in japan.We have to chose having vacation in OKINAWA with a short air trip or in HAWAII considering long range trip but the money exchange rate is preferable for japanese.

OKINAWA is a very very humidity place.I found HAWAII is not so much.I went to a jank yeard in HAWAII to see some 240Zs this year,I found one 1972 240Z,it does not get rust so much.I asked a manager when it came there,he replied 2 years ago.I could not believe it.But it may happen?

kats

Kats Wrote:

Thank you,I am clear about tail lamps mystery.Did you install extra bulbs for them?Is it possible to peal small plastic cover for the 5th bulb?I remenber the thread about tial lamp which showing a hole for 5th bulb.

You are most welcome Kats.

Yes, I was able to install additional bulbs in the rear by just removing the rubber plug in the hole. I have not done the front turn signals yet, since in my case, being a U.S. vehicle the housings did not have the extra hole.

When I installed the additional bulb, since I did not have a wiring harness that had the 5th bulb socket with it, I had to find a socket that ~almost~ fit. That turned out to be a side marker socket from a GM style. It is a bit larger and it requires an additional tab on the side, which I cut into the tail lamp backing with a file. You could probably find the original bulb socket easier.

Once I get the front marker lights cut and installed, then I'll be able to run the wiring through to the switch you sent me. As it stands right now, I have the extra bulb working in conjunction with the stop lamp circuitry to make my stop lamp brighter.

Hope this helps.

Enrique