help i have a important queation that needs to be answerd asap - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

help i have a important queation that needs to be answerd asap

Featured Replies

Hey, would an Airflow meter for an 1978 work on an 1980??

please answer right away

steve

I'm not big on 280s but if your talking Z versus ZX

my answer would probably be on the NO side but I could be wrong

im not always a big help sorry

Dave.

You might try PM'ing ZmeFly as he currently owns a ZX and may be able to guide you on this. Sorry to be of so little help, but I've never owned or worked on a ZX, or any fuel injected Z car.

sorry killer, i figured if anyone would know

It would be you,

your like a Z-god or some thing you seem to have an answer for everything

oh well, I tried

Originally posted by Zs-ondabrain

sorry killer, i figured if anyone would know

It would be you,

your like a Z-god or some thing you seem to have an answer for everything

oh well, I tried

Naw, you got me confused with someone else. I'm VERY 240Z/early 260Z oriented. Never worked on a fuel injected Z or ZX, and have only driven one, once.

If I were hazard a guess, I'd say he MIGHT have to match the AFM to the computer controlling the system (probably model year specific in the US) but that's just a Wild arse Guess.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

ok thanks all, but if anyone else has an answer let me now asap. thanks

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

but that's just a Wild arse Guess.

ROFL

Hey, would an Airflow meter for an 1978 work on an 1980??

I doubt it very much. Never tried it, but generally pre and post '78 don't mix too well (in more ways than one, it seems :devious: LOL ) . Things like the ecu and AFM can be pretty particular, even down to the specific year...and especially turbo/non-turbo, etc. I would suggest one from an '80 if that's what you have.

Chloe

Hi, SMusicMans! The answer to your question is "no". Here are the air flow meters that are interchangeable for the 280Z's and 280ZX's:

280Z: all years (75-78)

280ZX: 80-83 models only (not the 79 or Turbo models)

280ZXT: all years (81-83), except for the NA models

:bunny:

  • Author

ok, Thank you all for your help. It has helped out alot

thanks

steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.