IGNORED

Rally shocks

HKSZ

The run-size of the OEM Kayaba's isn't generally an issue, as they tend to sell a few more!

But the KYB Motorsports stuff is made to order & they (thankfully) only have a requirement of 1 to be ordered before they will manufacture it.

No, as I expect them to be oil/gas & not be able to cope with the loads (especially heat) that you would be placing on them. A Koni, Bilstein or KYB Motorsports item would be better.

Your best bet is to speak to local racers & race suppliers to see what they recommend (and what fits your budget).

Koni, Bilstein etc are gas shocks, gas over oil. I'd guess that the root of your problem is overheating, particularly overheating of the oil. The way round that problem is to increase the volume of oil which can only be done significantly by using a remote reservoir shock system.

I'm assuming that you have the valving right in the Koni's and your suspension is otherwise well set up. If it is, changing to anything else other than a remote reservoir shock like Proflex would be a pointless exercise IMHO.

But its your money.:classic:

The rally car that I mentioned above is still for sale as a complete vehicle.

See the current issue of Australian Classic Car ( near the back) for an ad.

Asking price is $28K complete ($100K+ to build)

Told the other day that a Proflex suspension system for my 260 would cost $4-5000. They are all custom made to order and application, rally applications usually have particularly long travel. I guess that the cost would depend to some degree on how much DIY was involved.