IGNORED

Found: '73 Z!

CoastGuardZ

Yep....It was the green one from the auto trader........You are gonna crap when I tell you what I paid......................................

Lets just say less than the asking price of the one you are looking at :classic:

He handed me receipts of over $5k of resto work....paint job alone was $2500.00 last year.

Just made an offer and he took it.......

I am a happy happy happy happy man!

Well here it is, basically a continuation to the last post.

This 73 has seen better days. Here is a list of what I found.

No one seems to like the 73 carbs and neither did a PO... It now has dual webers... not a bad thing.

It has some old-school A/C system... definately period correct... I could sell that... also not a bad thing

Manufacture date: 01/73

Chassis #: HLS30-141126

Blue w/Cream Interior

4spd

Still has all 4 original Z hubcaps.

Passenger floorpan is T O A S T! That frame rail under... yeah.

Driverside is following.

Front Fenders behind wheels are rust through. "fender extensions" forward of the fenders are bubbly.

Front bumber may have taken a light bumping but no body damage.

Rocker panels might be savable.

Quarterpanels in front of wheels are rot through.

Hatch one spot a 1 inch hole at the bottom left of the Hatch glass, which would explain the standing water in the spare tire well.

Bottoms of doors... not good.

left side mirror missing

More good stuff. Still has origianal steering wheel, all the glass is in good shape.

Oh lord fellas... what do I do?

Most get bit by the Z bug, But I'm being hunted down by the Z Lion and I'm having problems out running him.

If he's asking $750 and he bites at $350 should I tow it home?

I mean, at minimum who doesn't need a parts car?

one other thing... what is the pan that the floor pans meet in the rear, just ahead of the rearend? can that be bought?

Nate

Not exactly sure which panel you are talking about.. but the only panel that is available is the floor pan itself... no other parts of the underside of the chassis are available as far as I know aft of the floor pans...:disappoin

The outer rear quarters are rotted through, but what about the inner panel? It's available, but would be another tough job.... but if you had to take off the rockers and outer quarters anyways....

If you got it for 350, you wouldn't do bad as far as a parts car...

depends on whether or not the mechanicals are in decent shape...

Seems there should be something better in that area.. at least that isn't all rusted out.... salt air on the coast probably would have been kinda tough on the cars.. maybe you should start looking a little further inland?

Oh, you'll either have to find a gas tank out of a parts car, or have that one repaired.. maybe Gas-Tank Renu?

By the way........................I need a gas tank and I need to re-do the passenger side floor pan. (was not a good replacement job)

Also need a new exhaust system and some head work in the very very near future.

CoastGuard I may have a lead on a 260.............Very straight body....no motor.

The guy was going to do a V8 conversion and I beleive he lost interest.

I will make a call tomorrow if you like.

Car is in Summerville.

Hey jeff,

Yeah that would be cool. Motor is not that big of a deal... tranny driveshaft and rear end would be though. I really kind of have my heart set on a 240 but would consider a 260 if the price is right. It would also have to be a M/T 4 or 5 spd conversion is fine. Do let me know what you find out. I am on a time constraint though... I leave Monday for 3 1/2 months If I don't have one before I leave I'll pick the search up again in January.

Thanks, Nate:cross-eye

hey 2many...

I'm just 2picky is all. I've got to have a 4spd 240. If I wanted a zx there all over, on my 10 mile drive to work I pass 2 280zx's forsale within 3 miles of each other.

This 240 looks like some buffalo ride with the rot on the floor boards:dead: but all the other stuff seems good and to tell you the truth I think I like the cream interior after seeing this car.

Do me a favor and keep an eye out there in VA if you would... The longer I wait the more I'll be able to pay. If I wait long enough I'll end up going out west to pick one up.

Nate:cross-eye