IGNORED

New to the club (sort of)

Zedman

Just rejoined the club. The first car I owned was a 72 240Z, and I miss it dearly. Now that I am fully in the throes of mid life crisis, and just having seen a partly restored Z in my own home town, I decided it was time to start checking this site out again. Who knows, maybe I will get myself back into another one someday! It's time to start looking.

-Mikey

Welcome Mikey!

I, like you, owned a Z in my youth and as a result of 'early' mid-life, decided to get back into the fold... As a result I now have a 5 year project plan in my garage that I may complete earlier.

If you semi-handy, willing to learn and have a garage space, you might consider buying a 'restorable' project and doing the work.

Since I got back in, I've looked at a few 'great' or 'original' conditiion vehicles and found, for what sellers wanted, I was better off staying with my project.

I'll keep looking, but will keep wrenching as well.

Let us know where you're at... seems like no ones ever from the NY/NJ metro area :cry:

Northern NJ Larry

Hi Larry. Sorry, I'm not from Jersey. I'm from Western Canada which, because of the wet weather we generally get, is gonna make it hard to get a decent Z when I get serious about looking for one. That was the reason I had to give it up the first time-all the common rust spots were starting to show up, and it was easier to trade the ole Z in on a new car than to even think about getting them fixed at the time. I wish I had thought THAT one through a bit more first! Ah, well, sweet 20/20 hindsight, eh?

By the way, how does a person get a picture included in their posts like you have? Can I set that up myself, or do I need to get the forum moderator to do it? Some info from anybody here would be appreciated. I do have a file name that I included in my profile, but it just shows up as the file name, and not the pic, which I would like to get under my name in my posts like many here have. Thanx,

-Mikey

Welcome to mid life! Now you can do just about anything, but you know more about it!!!

At the bottom of the "POST REPLY" window is a highlighted "attach file:" box with a browse button. Hit browse and find your picture or address and insert it there. File size is limited so beware of how large the image size is and adjust it accordingly.

Good luck finding a new Zed to play with. I'm taking mine all apart.

I think he's more referring to the avatar, but I could be mistaken, if I'm not though it's changed using the following steps.

1. Make sure you're logged in.

2. Click on "User CP" either on the left hand menu or by clicking forums tab up the top then "User CP" should become available just below it and to the left.

3. Click on the "Edit Options" tab, down the very bottom of that screen should be "Other Options" which is where the Avatar menu is.

It's pretty self explanatory from there, there's a 150 by 150 pixels or 500000 bytes limit, whichever is smaller.

And if this wasn't what you meant then at least you'll have both image options answered:classic:

The small pictures shown under the user name is called an Avatar.

On the Main (front) page, you'll see a box labeled "Personal Menu" with an "option" listed below that reads "User CP." This is your User Control Panel. Click on that link. When you get to that page, you'll see a bar of links (mine are in blue) about a 1/4 way down. Look for a link called Edit Options. Click on this. At the bottom of this page, you'll see a box called Other Options. In it will be a link for setting/changing your Avatar. Follow the directions and you're set.

Thanx guys. I tried it, but apparently the image I wanted to use (my avatar from a different bulletin board) is too big, and it won't let me use it. I haven't been successful at altering the size of the image so far. I can't change it at somebody else's URL, so I copied it into my photo program, and had no luck resizing it so far. I'll take any suggestions you might have. In the meantime, I will keep trying. Thanx for your hints so far. If the picture had been the right size, I would have it up now thanx to your help.

-Mikey

P.S. By the way, the image I wanted to use is the link at the bottom of this post. It is a Hot Wheels Z-Whiz that I customized to look as close to my original car as possible.