IGNORED

250+ bhp

snootcheez

Hey all...i was jut wondering if its possible to get 250 or more hp from a 2400. i want it to be a daily driver and not cost too much. i was considering a 5.0 ltr efi swap but i still think having a strong 6 would be just as good. i am currently working on my 73 240z and trying to get some ideas before i start really finishing it up. if anyone out there has achieved this id really like to know and what kind of eng work did you have to do? thanks for any advice.

kris

the engine is stock and original except for the downdraft webers.:D

Unfortunately to have it all (as I wanted as well) - reliable starting, no overheating, not too loud, daily driver etc, then you have to go forced induction or another engine. I went pioneering in my neck of the woods and put a VG30DET engine in it and with very liite modification am getting over 280 bhp at the rear wheels with tractablilty, relative quietness (still makes a nice throbby note) and most of all no hassles with reliability.

If you like any more info, let me know

Greg

hey thanks..i was checking out some stuff at hybrid z and they have a few articles on more power. i am a ford tech so some of this datsun stuff is kinda greek.i know my ford electronics and that why i thought the efi swap woul be neat but havent found a kit to install it..

When I was investigating all the options, the V8 idea was just about top of the list, but because the V8 doesn't rev as well as the 6 & I wanted a L.S.D., then the only centre available was a r200 3.11 and they are as rare a rocing horse $^!#. So the choice then is a six speed gearbox or a tremec 5 speed with a huge overdrive so that the poor thing wouldn't be revving its ring out or a 9 inch L.S.D. for strength and then you would lose you I.R.S. Of course you could go with a shortened Jag rear end for the I.R.S. but the bucks are piling up. In all, with everything that I did to my car (lots of rust) it has cost me the best part of $30,000 Australian to get it 95% finished.

Greg

When I was investigating all the options, the V8 idea was just about top of the list, but because the V8 doesn't rev as well as the 6 & I wanted a L.S.D., then the only centre available was a r200 3.11 and they are as rare a rocing horse $^!#. So the choice then is a six speed gearbox or a tremec 5 speed with a huge overdrive so that the poor thing wouldn't be revving its ring out or a 9 inch L.S.D. for strength and then you would lose you I.R.S. Of course you could go with a shortened Jag rear end for the I.R.S. but the bucks are piling up. In all, with everything that I did to my car (lots of rust) it has cost me the best part of $30,000 Australian to get it 95% finished.

Greg