Interesting pics.... - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Interesting pics....

Featured Replies

During the big Blackout of 2003.... or maybe a better title would be"Where were you when the lights went out?"

post-1499-14150792903798_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Makes you want to stay inside during a thunderstorm...

post-1499-14150792904051_thumb.jpg

That blackout photo isn't real, unfortunately. Looks like a photoshop job over that 'earth at night' sat photo that circulated about a year ago.

More info here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/blackout.asp

The NOAA shots are great, more in line with the descriptions I've heard of the blackout.

Cheers,

Steve

  • Author

I thought that pic looked familiar when I first looked at it...:stupid: Guess I should have known....:devious:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Hi Keith

That second picture, I've been told, is called Fire Starter and it was taken about 300km from where I live in Australias capital city, Canberra. It is called Fire Starter because it sparked one of the many bush fires that claimed many homes just last year.

I don't know how true that is but it got sent to me soon after the fires by a girl that I know who lives in Canberra.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.