IGNORED

front pulley removal 240z

abas

Hi all

Just started rebuilding the original engine from my 240z. I'm trying to get some assistance re removing the front pulley. I ve managed to get the large bolt undone by blocking the crank with a piece of wood inside the crank case and using a 2 foot extension on my socket handle, but I'm not sure how to get the pulley off. The haynes manual says something about not using a normal 2/3 leg puller on the pulley and shows a picture of some special tool that bolts up to 2 bolt holes on the front face of the pulley.

Any assistance gratefully received

AndrewB

240z LHD in UK

The haynes manual says something about not using a normal 2/3 leg puller on the pulley and shows a picture of some special tool that bolts up to 2 bolt holes on the front face of the pulley.

True, DO NOT USE the leg puller:finger: :finger: The lower pulley is also your balancer. If you use the leg puller you chance damage.:cry:

The tool you are talking about is cheap and worth it vs over 100 for a new lower pulley. It bolts into the center of the pulley. This will insure that it pulls the WHOLE pully off and not just the pulleys off the balancer :sleepy:

Lance

I don't suppose you know what the thread of the bolts you bought were? I know they are 10mm but they are not the same thread as the other 10mm bolts on the car

Err!!! I've just realised I posted in the 'for sale section' Doh!!

I have been a z owner since 1988 and I second your thoughts about wishing I'd been driving it all that time. I think I've managed about 3 years out of the last 15!!!!

regards

Andrew