IGNORED

looking for a 1970 Z to restore

ZSource

About fifteen years ago, I purchased several thousand dollars worth of new Nissan parts for a 7/70 240Z I intended to restore. However, the "gentleman" I contracted with to weld in new patch panels didn't use a MIG welder as promised. He therefore totally ruined the car. I eventually had to scrap it.

I'm now looking for another 1970 Z (the earlier the better) to restore using all of the NOS parts I still have stored away. Is there one out there for a reasonable price?

Hello,

I'm in southern california and have a complete mathching number,color ext. white, int. blk, late 1969 240Z, two year old motor, type A 280Z 5 speed (new bearings 2 years ago), R200 3.9 axle, 3 year old Tokico Illumina shocks and tokico springs, h.d. sway bars, 15x7 enkei wheels, decent interior. have the original rims and steering wheel. It was rear ended , front hood bent, and the insurance company totalled it, saying it cost too much money to fix. fresh carpet kit, dash is original with a few 1/4inch cracks, date of accident 8/01. Since then, I have driven it a couple times and it stops ,steers and corners, brakes fine. Before the damage, I would have asked $6500.00 for it. I'm asking $2500.00 and I hate to sell. The motor is a matching serial number L24 block, E31 w/ 280Z valves,headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, twin SU's, that work good, balanced L24 bottom end, 480 lift camshaft, 280/280 duration. it needs a rear panel welded in, new hood, both bumpers, just writing this email is depressing. I'm not hungry and can wait to sell for what I want.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had to fly all the way to los Angeles to find it, but I bought car number HLS30-00040 and had it shipped back to Virginia. Now I can have a good time restoring it. Hopefully, my biggest problem will be in deciding what original color to paint it. Thanks for the replies.