IGNORED

Zxparts on Ebay

mmagnus

Originally posted by mmagnus

Thanks guys. Everytime I order form MSA there is always something they have to call me about, and they have the worst people working there. Absolutely no customer service. I ordered it form Victoria British. Same price without the tax and but a little more in shipping.

The MSA catalog is actually closer to TWO years old and they will be issuing a new one in the semi-near future. Availability of some items has changed since the current one was published due to Nissan dumping some the items they used to have available. The prices on the hoses and clutch parts that I just ordered were actually reasonably close to the published prices considering the time since the catalog was prepared.

MSA used to have all really knowledgable sales people, but several of them have left. Some of the newer folks are't that good, it is true; however the sales manager Sal Perno is a very fair and most helpful person to speak to if you need more service than you are getting.

BUT if you think the customer service at MSA sucks, wait until you start dealing with Vic Brit. Those folks don't know their butt from beans! Shipping takes for ever, and Lord help you if you need to return something.

As 2ManyZs says, Andy and Charlie are good sources for those hard to find items. I don't know how they do it, but they can often find stuff that no one else can find.

I trust MSA. Why?

Their employee parking is Almost all Z cars! (there's a miata or 2)

The guys at the counter are the same fellas running their Z at the AutoX's.

They know "That part is NLA. But This later one works and looks almost the same".

The aftermarket and accessories the sell actully fit.

If they say "you'll get it in two days", I get it in 2 days.

Theyv'e taken my returns, no hassles.

Originally posted by Victor Laury

I trust MSA. Why?

Their employee parking is Almost all Z cars! (there's a miata or 2)

The guys at the counter are the same fellas running their Z at the AutoX's.

They know "That part is NLA. But This later one works and looks almost the same".

The aftermarket and accessories the sell actully fit.

If they say "you'll get it in two days", I get it in 2 days.

Theyv'e taken my returns, no hassles.

Nuff said!

PS I ordered a Centerforce Clutch kit and some engine water hoses last Wednesday & they told me it should arrive on next Monday or Tuesday....................It arrived on Friday! Two Days!, (regular Fed Ex Ground shipping is all I paid for)

I really cant complain but I think you would have MUCH better luck if you guys lived a driveable distnace from them, it seems like all the complaints i hear are from people who deal with them stricly on the Internet or phone. I dont doubt those stories though! I'm just saying better to deal with them in person as I've always done, Plus i believe they still give a 10 percent discount for 240z.org members. I get mine thru Group Z!

Ebay is definitely hit or miss on everything. Plenty of outright lying. I won a glove box door with "good" hinges and received one with two hinges totally broken and the last hinge only half attached. Even sent him pictures of how it arrived. Asked the guy for refund but got threatening email calling me an a**hole(he was trying to intimidate me into not giving him a negative feedback). After I gave him the negative feedback, he retaliated with a negative feedback on me. Now I strictly stick to sellers who have long histories and very high positive feedback percentage. Unfortunately, if you're looking for rare items, you often have no choice. Victor.