Center dash panel - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Center dash panel

Featured Replies

I am looking to replace the center dash panel, you know the one that covers the climate controls and radio:( Does anyone know where to purchase one for a respectable price? TIA

David

The last time I checked, about two years ago, they are no longer available new. I was going to replace mine because it was less than perfect, but had to use it because I could not locate a new one. So, if you run across one.....grab it up. If not, you may try refurbishing your old one. Good luck! By the way, mine is a 1970.

i refurbished mine, i used some vinyl dye on it (it had red overspray all over it) which dyed the paint and plastic (im not sure why this stuff works on plastic, but so far ive had success with it, im using an aresol from NAPA). i would suggest you do this, if your chrome is still intact, if the thing is busted up, then you could look into going the machined-piece route, ive seen a few of these and am planning to do this myself when the time is right.

I have a 76 280 parts car with A/C,

would the center be the same?

  • Author

I have thought about making my own I was hoping to find one that isn't broken,cracked, or otherwise destroyed. The PO hacked this one up to put in a p.o.s. cd player:angry:

I have a 76 280 parts car with A/C,

I don't know if they are. If someone else knows, please speak up

Thanks for the responses

David H

'72 240Z

Sill stock but working on it?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

The parts fiches list 5 different panels up to '73, with a break at 7/72. Then, after 10/73, it's a whole nother fiche, and the part number is different and the drawing looks pretty different. I don't think a '76 finisher will work in a '72, although I don't really know. I'd get a picture and compare - that ought to tell you.

my repair manual shows two very different panels from the 240z to the 260, so i do believe they were one of the majorly changed items in the early Zs.

-Zach

I glanced in my '78 280Z parts car last night, and the Heater Control Panel is NOTHING like the one in my 240Z.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.