A few stupid questions - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

A few stupid questions

Featured Replies

Please take pity on the idiot. Is the oil filler nut on the T5 the large square nut on the right side of the tranny? And what type of fluid is used in the clutch lines and differential? Thank Yew

yes the square head bolt is the oil filler for the t5 tranny and the clutch uses dot3 break fluid and you use gear oil for your rear diff...

hehe now im not the only one here with a ZX:classic:

Originally posted by ZmeFly

hehe now im not the only one here with a ZX:classic:

Well, mebbe you still are the ONLY one with a ZX that we allow here. I think blitzkraig just stuffed the T5 into his 71 Z when he rebuilt the engine.

**EDIT** Oh, I see, ICICE9 has a Cruiser too. nevermind! (looks like another one snuck into the woodpile!) :D

LOL @ BAMBI always hanging it on Zmefly :).

I find it funny he knows what a T5 is but doesn't know where the oil change plug is :).

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thank you, thank you. I humbly accept this village idiot award. It's taken so many years of hitting my head on things (like freshly painted struts hanging from the garage cieling) to reach this point. I'd like to thank smirnoff, and all brands of paint thinner.

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys. FIrst time dealing with a manual tranny (used to C4s), and never torn a car this far down! Two more weeks til she hits the road again!

On a seperate note, has anyone used the silicone based brake fluid? The restoration book I have keeps mentioning it, and I sure would like to spare my paint from any brake line mess ups

Silicone brake fluid is good, but if used in a system which has had conventional fluid in it, it can lead to seizing of brake components etc. Also when left for a long time, guys around the car club here seem to have problems with it developing leaks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.