IGNORED

Bought another Z

Mr Camouflage

Howdy People.

Bought another z on the weekend.

A 260z 2+2 for parts. It has better fenders than my 240z. So now I have a spare set of mags, spare engine, spare diff, etc etc...

The gearbox will go in my 240 to replace the 240K box.

A speedo in Kph.

Will post a few pictures when I get the car back to my place next weekend.

Where was that one advertised?

I looked at a 260 2-seater on the weekend. The guy had it repainted about 18 months ago (metallic copper) and they didn't do a very good job at re-sealing the rear hatch glass. As result, the interior of the car (which is not stored under cover) was absolutely sodden. The carpets and underlay are actually heavy to lift because they have soaked up so much water! The car was a '77 model, orig engine etc etc, but getting a bit too high tech for my liking(!) - it had A/C for goodness sake!

He also had a rough-looking 240 which ha was planning to build up into a clasic racer. Interstingly it was chassis no.38... a nice low number!

ahhh, bit much.

If anyone spots a 2 seater 260Z for $3000-$5000 please post it up.

Looks like I have a buyer for my mirage and I will need a daily driver until my real 260Z is finished and it would hurt to have a daily driver I can steal parts from :)

Hey halz,

is that HS30-0038 a reality or is he dreaming with his ambition. Also did you see any other info maybe the data plate (engine number), Did you see the data details for the 77 260Z.

Has anyone seen the 240Z in the auto trader.

Cuong Nguyen,

any chance of the production data plate & compliance plate details from your 260Z. for the register im working on.

Cheers All

Steve:classic:

Cuong Nguyen,

Yes excellent on the 240Z info to. Any of the production and compliance info from the data plates for anyones RHD export Zed from production start to 78/79 is what I am putting in the register.

Thanks

sorry

Back to the thread

Steve :classic:

is that HS30-0038 a reality or is he dreaming with his ambition. Also did you see any other info maybe the data plate (engine number), Did you see the data details for the 77 260Z.

Steve, I have the details of the 260z...I'll get them to you soon. The #38 car really does exist - I saw the chassis number. It is engineless at the moment but was running as recently as 3 months ago. It is silver in colour, has a vinyl roof and sunroof (yuck!) and generally in tatty condition. However, it is in better shape than other 'low-number' cars I've seen in Perth.