Datsun 280Z 78:Grinding/raking noise above 1200 RPM, persists after killing engine - Page 3 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Datsun 280Z 78:Grinding/raking noise above 1200 RPM, persists after killing engine

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks dutch

I Will try that.

My water pump seems pretty new (3y)

The pulley was a bit too stiff when I take it out.

May be it has worn out the bearings (?)

IMG_2003.jpeg

That pulley should spin without any tension IMO. Is that Ac I see in the background hooked up during testing?

Edited by Yarb

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I finally found what was the issue…
I had a bad electric connection that was creating shortcuts in the alternator
It results that it was the connection of the oil sensor that was incorrectly connected (wrong pin connected)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.