Nagual's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Nagual

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nagual

  1. I finally found what was the issue… I had a bad electric connection that was creating shortcuts in the alternator It results that it was the connection of the oil sensor that was incorrectly connected (wrong pin connected)
  2. Thanks dutch I Will try that. My water pump seems pretty new (3y) The pulley was a bit too stiff when I take it out. May be it has worn out the bearings (?)
  3. Hi I changed the fan clutch and no change :-( My water pump seems quite new…(see photo) I am hesitating to change it. What do you think ? I Check the damper pulley and it looks good
  4. Some update I finally had the time to change the alternator and no change I am quite disapointed I must say Same f### noise I have no culé Except start a fire with the Z
  5. Hi Yarb I Will test it with an electric drill to reproduce the sound if I can… Will see I Will update the post Hi Zed Thanks for the references and the info
  6. I was checking to restore my alternator but it seems it s more expensive than a new one… I will go that road I guess… I checked on rock auto hard to understand the differences between the models and brand? Do you have an advice ? Terrepower, Rémy, pure energy have no clue about the quality ?
  7. @Zed Head When i wrote that the spinning noise was heard after The motor stop, it s during like 1/2 sec (like a decreasing wizzz) and it s not everytime.
  8. I have test w.o the alternator belt and bingo, no more noise ! When i move the pulley it s a Little bit rough and when moving up and down I have a small noise (see the end or the video) The water pump seems fluid and noiseless. Guess I have m’y suspect ? IMG_1803.mov
  9. On the video I did not depress the clutch I did test depressing the clutch before starting the motor (but with no gear engaged) and same noise ,(
  10. Hey In the video i took out the AC belt so it s not involved in the noise. Next try will be without Alternator belt to see if thé Sound disapear I ll take photos tomorrow Thanks
  11. Hi all, looking for help on a noise issue that has me stumped after extensive diagnosis. I’m hoping someone has heard this before. Symptom: Regular metallic grinding/raking noise that appears as soon as engine RPM exceeds ~1200 RPM. Not a pop, bang, or knock — sounds like a mechanical part rubbing constantly, regular and continuous. The noise: Appeared overnight (started cold, ran fine at idle for 5 seconds, then noise kicked in as soon as I throttled up) • Same noise with original starter, used starter (Hitachi S114-254DAM), and brand new starter • Identical whether clutch is engaged or disengaged at 1300 RPM • Last time it occurred, I let the RPM drop back to idle and the noise continued for ~3 seconds while RPM was falling — sounds like a mechanical part still spinning by inertia • Recent context: aluminum radiator installed ~1 month before noise appeared (mounted lower than stock to fit thicker core)` I ve tested the AC bearing, and it s fine… Any clue ? Thanks IMG_1760.mov

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.