An Alternate Windshield Wiper Refill Solution - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

An Alternate Windshield Wiper Refill Solution

Featured Replies

Inspired by a recent wiper blade refill conversation, I thought I share something I found:

The refill rubber I found on Amazon and seems to be a common size. The FOUR 26" blades cost me $5.60 - or $1.40 each - they are obviously Chinese.

https://www.amazon.com/PLUS-Windshield-Automotive-Replacement-Adjustable/dp/B0BYJC45QS/ref=sr_1_3?nsdOptOutParam=true&s=automotive&sr=1-3

These stainless steel "ribs" are from a Trico 47-800 "Break To Fit" blade refill kit I bought some time ago. I never used it (until now) because the rubber didn't fit the Z blades. (Trico also makes a 6mm 47-600 that looks to have similar ribs and may entirely fit - but - I only know that these ribs work with the refill rubber shown below.) Once you have the stainless steel ribs you should be able to replace the rubber indefinitely. I have 4, gonna buy 4 more at that price.

They obviously can be trimmed in length a little better - I just used one of the standard break marks of the Trico steel. They fit snuggly and move freely as you flex the blade. If it ever rained here in Arizona, and if I actually took my 260Z OUT IN THE RAIN (which I generally avoid!) I could tell you how they perform in the wet... Maybe someday it'll happen.

20260105_124957[1].jpg

20260105_125009[1].jpg

20260105_125051[1].jpg

20260105_130745[1].jpg

20260105_130758[1].jpg

20260105_130927[1].jpg

Edited by cgsheen1

So do I actually need the stainless steel Trico ribs if I have wiper arms that old blades in them? In other words, could I just use the metal ribs off the old blades with the rubber sweeps?

  • Author

I'd really like to know the answer to that myself.

Unfortunately I don't have any old blades to peal the rubber off of. I'd like to try that though. Send me your old ones! 🤪

  • Author
16 hours ago, Patcon said:

... In other words, could I just use the metal ribs off the old blades with the rubber sweeps?

They're less than ten bucks - buy some and let the rest of us know if they can be used with all the original hardware.

  • 1 month later...

Yes the refills that you found on Amazon do fit the OEM silver stiffeners

20260207_172615_resized.jpg

20260207_172713_resized.jpg

I don't have two OEM stiffeners and I also appear to being missing the thin retainers, so I used the replacements I ordered from Summit racing

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.