Hick-ups during initial few mins of warming 280z - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hick-ups during initial few mins of warming 280z

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

My car has been running fine for the last over a year since I cleaned all the fuel lines and gas tank etc. New fuel filter also at that time. Recently there was a leak in one of the small fuel injection hoses on the fuel rail. I replaced it with new hoses (2 of them).

Now when I start the car it cranks up fine but after few mins it seems it is starving on gas and tries to pull back and sometimes die if I dont keep the RPM at 2K with a little throttle. Once it warms up close to normal engine temp it can idle normally and I have driven it well over 50 miles at 70mph and no issues. Any idea whats going on?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.