IGNORED

Online Parts Catalog Changes

Someone has recently chaged the online parts catalog and not necessarily in a good way.

Back in 1999 I purchased a hard copy of the factory parts catalog that someone had made from the Nissan fiches for the 1970-73 240Z's. This was long before we had these resources available online. Here is my scan of page 25-1 covering the combo switches and the online catalog had the same P/N's and effective dates until recently:

Parts Catalog 25-1.jpg

The switch for the 1972 car was P/N 25160-E8800, effective dates 09/71 - 06/72. It's my understanding that the 1973 model introduced the 3-speed (intermittant) wiper control, P/N 25160-N3300, dates 07/72 - 07/73

This is what the online catalog looks like today and is incorrect in that it has the same P/N light switch for 1972 and 1973 models:

Online Catalog 25-1.jpg

I have also noticed that issue on the on-line version, not all part numbers are shown for a particular date range. It is misleading, however if you click on one of the part numbers you do seem to get the correct list with proper date ranges, for the most part. The thing that bothers me the most is the truncated descriptions. I have the CD version of the 1970 - 1978 parts book that was sold by Courtesy Nissan years ago and I prefer to use it.

Here is what you see when you click on 22540-N3300 under item #2

image.png

• Like 1